2/27/2006
My Name Is....
Now that the First Trimester of Adoption (home study) is out of the way, I've finally changed my silly profile to reflect my name! LOLOL Now we can tell family - here's hoping they are at least SOMEWHAT supportive!

And another thing - we got approval for TWO!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) I emailed my agency to get a cost breakdown for that to see if we can swing it. I really really REALLY want it. I won't be totally heartbroken if we only bring home a single daughter. But if we can, I really want to go the "two-fer" route. And we initially wanted twin infants but now we are STRONGLY considering a toddler/preschooler!!!!! Are we nuts? I just think it would be a nice age span between Noah (who is 4) and Madeline (who will be under 1).
posted by Stepping On Legos at 2/27/2006§


Comments:
Wow! That's awesome! We also wanted to make sure everyone knew we would be open to twins-but we would be very happy with just one as well. A preschooler and a toddler would be a very difficult but rewarding experience!
 
i was thinking that just the other day! 2 babies would be great. Our thought, as silly as might be, is that we want all of our kids to be on the same page. So, having 2 kids that are related and adopted might make the lone bio kid feel left out; like the other two have a connection that he'll never be able to equal. I know, it's silly, but you think of all kinds of things when you're going as crazy as I am! haha
 
nicole - I feel ya! I have all kinds of thoughts like this. The reason we want two is because I have this huge belief that every girl should have a sister (said the person without one!)!! I have a stepdaughter but she will be 9 when we adopt (I hope! LOL) and that's a big span in age. I also have a thing about uneven numbers of kids! LOL If we are already bursting out of our 8-passenger van, what difference does it make if we do 8 kids instead of 7?!?! It is so funny the places our minds take us!
 
Hey... congrats on making it to the 2nd trimester and coming out - Nicki/Noodle. :-)
I see pros/cons in doing the 2 at once thing... the work/stress involved in each adoption is huge and being able to get two kids at once would really save in that area... but then there's the attachment issues to deal with and would that be harder if you had to help two kids attach at once? Maybe the best way is to make it known you are open to twins/siblings and see what comes your way!
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>