2/24/2006
Just a few more days....

Our home visit is Monday. I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be, even given the huge disaster that is my house at the moment! In prep for this home visit, I thought I'd try to conquer every single major project looming over our heads these last six months. I reoganized all my decade of sewing supplies, all my scrapbooking stuff, all my knitting stuff. It took hours! I finally gave up at the bins of craft supplies and am just storing those until I have more time. Not that I think it is necessary, just using it as an excuse to get motivated I guess! Of course now I'm worried we wont' get it all cleaned up and wrapped up by Monday.

Today my goals are minimal - clean off my sewing table, my computer desk and hang a few pictures sitting here waiting for walls. Speaking of which....here is the end result of our kiddy canvas painting project :-) This is the wall people see when they walk through our front door. We will definitely have to adopt two kids as one will throw the whole balance off :-)

What are your plans this weekend? We are hoping to see 8 Below now that the kids are mostly healthy but mostly we'll be trying to wrap up this home visit prep stuff. I will be glad when it's over and we get approved so I can start telling family of our plans :-)
posted by Stepping On Legos at 2/24/2006§


Comments:
We've got taxes, a night out and band practice for this weekend. Nothing too exciting.
The stairwell looks great! I'm with Chel...totally stealing the idea!
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>