2/07/2006
Blah
I woke up when DH came to bed last night and I felt like puking. I woke up this morning and didn't feel much better. Now I'm wandering around the house whining. I don't know if I have just not been eating well or eating too much or not enough but I REFUSE to believe I have yet another virus. NO NO NO!

I painted one of the kids' bedrooms in 4 hours on Sunday. This is really good for me, believe me! LOL It also includes set up (taping, laying down plastic, etc....) and clean up. I bought a power roller and I LOVE it. It did such an amazing job on the walls that I only needed one coat and one gallon of paint. It looks fantastic, too, no streaks or anything (unlike my manual rolling jobs!). The color is great. I thought it would be too yellow but it's a sort of yellowish-green. It is so bright and cheery. I'll try to get pics up later.

That's all the painting I have immediately planned (or at least bought paint for). I still have the smallish project of getting my two oldest boys' photos into albums (bought albums, not scrapbooking right now). Hope to do that today, stomach willing. And I am going to frame and put up the three prints I bought for my youngest son's room and maybe some shelves too.

We bought canvases for each fo the kids and cool colors of paint and we are going to have all six kids paint a picture, sign and date and hang them in the foyer. :-) It is going to look GREAT! I stole this idea from a friend. We have all these massive walls (our old house had NO walls) and no taste or money for art! LOL So this is what we'll do while the kids are little.

Adoption News: No news on my end. I am loving seeing the referrals start to trickle in. I am SO pleased that referrals are being made NOW for babies that were born in Dec/Jan as we really want a very young baby. I hope to be able to nurse our new baby and the younger the better. I know breastfeeding an adopted baby isn't for everyone but it is something I want to at least try to do. The bonding is amazing between a breastfed baby and his/her mama :-)

Our home visit is still several weeks away. Don't really feel much like preparing for it yet. Some word down the pipeline on a local adoption list advises NOT to send in the I-600a until the homestudy is ready so I"m glad I held off. So beginning of March it is. I hope the turnaround is super fast. Still no packet from the agency. Maybe next week, no rush. Still haven't broken the news to family. No rush :-)

This weekend Dh and I are going out to celebrate Valentine's Day. I have no idea where we are going - it's a surprise. I just better not be sick!!!
posted by Stepping On Legos at 2/07/2006§


Comments:
Oh no! Sick again! That's lame.
The picture idea is great! I might have to steal that from you too. I was actually at work yesterday (at my part time job) and I saw a growth chart that was totally blank except for 6 ovals for photographs. I was like, "holy crammoly, that's a great idea. A blank growth charth. You can add their pictures and let them draw on it once a year...much better than recording just heights." Boy did I feel like a boob when my boss turned it around and it was dinosaur themed...I was looking at the back of it. haha Sorry, I had to share that story with someone and your picture idea made me think of it all over again. :-)

~nicole
 
Hahha, well maybe you are on to something?!?!? :-) We record the kids' growth on a doorjamb. It is so lame and doesn't travel well for moving!
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>