1/26/2006
Anxious
DH talked to our agency today about our vax situation and about the travel situation. She has no clue, she will have to research it and get back to us. Ugh - what does that mean? That they are researching whether or not we can even adopt? Or just how to make it happen!?!?! And when will she get back to us? Today? Next week? Next month? Meanwhile?!?!?

This vax issue is a deal-breaker. I'm really nervous about it. I will consent to Madeline having all the required vax back in the States but I can not consent to that for the other six kids, ethically. I just can't. I thought I covered all my bases on this issue before we even started the process and we did all the things they required for the home study. I guess because our agency doesn't even require med histories for other children that it never even OCCURRED to me to contact the agency about this issue. Now I feel like everything is on hold (including my heart!!!) waiting to hear if there is a way.....


The travel issue is a total headache. I put it out there to our local int'l adoption list and to a few of the other bigger adoption lists and got responses ALL across the board. They all contradict each other's experiences and, meanwhile, my agency has no idea how to handle it and either does my SW! I did some research, sent it to DH who did some more and thinks we would basically have to do this whole huge adoption thing here which would involve monthly FIA visits and the whole she-bang. Well, as much as I do not want us all to travel, if it means avoiding that mess, I guess we'll find a way. DH is now talking about flying out for the first week only, so he can meet Madeline and fulfill the requirements so she can return with the IR-3 visa instead of the IR-4.

I feel like being a big ole toddler and jumping up and down and issuing deadlines to everyone. OK EVERYONE HAS 24 HOURS TO GET THIS STRAIGHT SO I CAN SEND IN THE I-600A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind waiting. But uncertainty is not my friend. Waiting with an end in sight - ok. Waiting only to be told "no, you don't qualify" is making me sick :-(
posted by Stepping On Legos at 1/26/2006§


Comments: Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>