1/24/2006
::Hack :: Sneeze - Don't Mess With Me
Well, it's tomorrow and I'm sicker than yesterday. Blah. I hate colds. I woke up feeling like death warmed over. DH left early for an appointment so I get to hold down the fort. My kids have good "Leave Mom Alone" radar, though, and have been generally low maintenance. The animals, on the other hand, not so much. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

I called the State about our one missing vital record. When I called today I got basically an "oops". Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm sorry but we went for our marriage record at least a week AFTER the divorce decree and it got here already from further away. The turn around time is just not that ridiculous. Poor woman on the other end of the line probably thought I was going to burst forth into flames although I probably sounded more hysterical and miserable than bitchy. Blame that on the cold. She said she was hand-delivering it to her supervisor for today's mail after I gave her a few choices (!!). So it won't get here for our homestudy appointment tomorrow but it WILL be here by week's end.

It's Tuesday so I fully intend to get my I-600a FINALLY in the mail no later than Friday. It is all ready to go in it's envelope and everything - just like it's been for weeks. Just waiting for that final vital record.
Remind me to call the State back tomorrow to follow up.

Hey, maybe all of this is happening this way so that our home study is sent almost back to back with our I-600a and I'll be processed lickety-split! Ha. That's my optimistic story and I'm stickin' to it.
posted by Stepping On Legos at 1/24/2006§


Comments: Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>