1/23/2006
One of those days.....
DH and I are both down with colds. He's being a whiny stressed out baby and so am I. As it turns out, we both have exceptionally busy weeks. He has tons of pretty large work deadlines and appointments and major commitments every day. I have most of the same commitments plus some of my own. He asked me to talk him off the ledge today but gosh, who is going to talk ME off the ledge?!? :-P Ah well, such is married life, huh?

Along with the cold comes my lessened tolerance for mistakes. Today was Dh Botches It Up day :-/ Hopefully he got it all out of his system in one fell swoop :-) First Dh made the long (and long awaited) trip out to his GP's office to meet the notary (who he incidentally did not bother to arrange to meet up with UNTIL this morning). I've been waiting for him to do this for a MONTH! He gets there only to find out that his jerk of a doctor who has been most inflexible with him also already signed the document in need of notarization. When the notary pointed this out, doc went off on a tanget about international adoption and how stupid it was with all it's BS red tape. Turns out that not only did he offend US but he also offended the notary who recently adopted from Russia. Nice. Jerk. But I don't want to shift the spotlight from DH, do I?! :-P

As if it would be so easy to just walk away and wash our hands of this doc (whom we've had an 8 year relationship with, by the way), nope, can't be so. Turns out that after mentioning it and having whole entire conversations about the need for TWO notarized originals, Dh blew it off so now he still has to go down and do this all again. Lovely. I can't tell you how annoying it is to me to have the only area of this process I *do* have control over be botched up in even the slightest way. But I'm sure that's just my cold talking :-P

Well, no, that wasn't the end. I, being the prepared one in the family :-P, decided to get ready for our home study appointment this week, two days early. So I went through all the required paperwork only to find out that TWO of the required original birth certificates were missing and DH KNEW they were missing and never bothered to replace them. Whether Dh knew they were needed for this appointment is up for debate (guess you know which side I'll take!) but either way, as the custody of his kids, he should have these things on hand at all times - adoption or otherwise! You lose it, you replace it! Isn't that common sense?!?! They were both for his kids so I woudln't know about them OR be able to replace them myself. Argh. How in the world we are supposed to come up with TWO kids' birth certificates on a dime is beyond me. Dh called to see if we could use photocopies (did I mention that he has photocopies of these but NOT the original?! HOW does that happen?!?!?) and they said ok. He lucked out. So the appointment is still on but I'm still annoyed. Did I mention how much I hate that the ONE part of this process that we DO have some control over keeps getting botched up?!?!? Oh I have? Well, there, I said it again :-)

I don't know whether to throw my hands up and let Dh do it his way (and maybe we'll have a daughter in ten years!) or take it all over myself and stop relying on him in any way. I'm sure I should stick it out and give the whole TeamWork thing another try but today, single adoption sounds a lot easier :-P

And Dh, if you read this, pllllllllbbbbbttttt
posted by Stepping On Legos at 1/23/2006§


Comments: Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>