1/16/2006
Assigned A Social Worker
Today I got the call from our assigned social worker for the home study. We went over what is needed for the first meeting. I don’t know why I’m surprised but I guess I expected to be able to meet in the evenings or weekends and she wanted to meet during the day during a work week. It took me a few minutes of scrambling but my wonderful friend, C, stepped up to the plate and offered to baby-sit the kids and – voila – we have a first home study appointment! I am really looking forward to it. Who knew a month ago that I’d ever say those words? I feel very positively about things. I know I’ll be nervous about the home visit portion of the study – I envision my kids suddenly freaking out – all at once – and horrifying the social worker! I’d be so nervous I wouldn’t know how to handle things and she’d look at me like I am the World’s Worst Mother! Ha! I know it will be fine, I’m not really that nervous. But then again, it’s a few weeks off yet!
posted by Stepping On Legos at 1/16/2006§




Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>