1/25/2006
Strike! Homestudy Meeting #1
We are home from our first home study meeting. It went just fine. I wasn't nervous. I do so love talking about myself :-P I actually look forward to the next meeting even more because I could talk about parenting and stuff all day and we didn't get to talk about THAT at all. My poor SW - she's going to have to shut me up! Hopefully I won't say anything too mean about DH - my cold should be better by then :-P I am really only nervous about the home visit. I'm not sure what to expect or what she will talk with the kids about.

She left me with a bunch of questions - or at least a few - and my head is spinning. There is a question with the vaccination status stuff. I need to contact our agency to make sure they are ok with it. I don't know why it didn't occur to me until now. There is also a question of whether or not I can travel alone, as we had planned. Our state is not a re-adopt state so it makes it tricky. I am hoping that it is so simple as us just needing to certify the adoption. If we have to both travel it will cost a lot more and Dh will have to find somewhere for his three to stay for 2-3 weeks. THAT would be a nightmare.

I'm feeling better today. My friend who babysat the boys gave me an echinacea/vit C tab and I think it really helped! I didn't raelize it until later when I started feeling worse again.

We tried to get the med forms for DH while we were down south today but Dh's idiotic doctor who said he would be in wasn't. Locked door and all. Sheesh - it was 1:30 in the afternoon! We'll have to get it tomorrow when we are down south again for our refi (not adoption-related, just "finally sold our old house" related). Then off to Bats of the World and home in time for Destination Imagination. All in a day's work :-P
posted by Stepping On Legos at 1/25/2006§


Comments: Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>