1/28/2006
Ahhhhh....
I think I made it to the other side of chaos!!!!!!!!!!! I can't decide whether to do a happy dance or just enjoy some mindful breathing, so I will do the later. Less energy out, more energy in :-)

So I think pretty much everything is straightened away. We are filling out the I-600a as if we are both going to travel - will determine if we ARE or not, later. Talked to the agency a few times and cleared away the application requirements. Our application WAS accepted and our contract WAS received, we just need to send the contract fee. So yippee - we have an agency!!! I'm impressed with the communication that has gone on in the last 24 hours - better than what has gone on under my roof anyway! LOL The vaccine thing - I'll talk to our SW on Wednesday to see how to proceed but I'm confident that it won't be an issue. So, on the adoption front, I feel great. We have a plan, we are putting it in motion, I feel back on track.

I wonder if I should even bother sending in the I-600a right now? Thoughts? In our state, they won't even look at it until the home study is turned in. We can't get a fingerprinting until after that. But the director of our home study agency originally told me (in December) "Do it NOW" but last week our SW said "Don't bother". I, selfishly, just want it off my list. But then I think "Gosh, what if we didn't pass the home study?!?! What a waste of money...."

But we'll pass the home study, right?!?!? :-)

Well the house is completely empty for the morning! DH took the kids on various errands and soccer and doc appointments and then we are meeting up to see Nanny McPhee. My task is to go paint a bedroom! I can not wait! New construction -ugly bare white walls! Buh-bye!!!!!!!!
posted by Stepping On Legos at 1/28/2006§


Comments:
In my experience, homestudies are pretty hard to "not" pass. As long as there's room in your house, love between you and DH, money to raise another kid, and there's not a knife weilding murderer in your basement, you'll be good-to-go. Alot of the time when homestudies are failed it's because DW and DH are trying to get a kid to save their already crumbling marriage, or one of them has has criminal/drug/mental-stability problems in the past. None of those sound like your family? Then you'll be good to go.
Now, onto the I-600; Personally, I would send it. I sent ours in August (I think) the day after we mailed the agency contracts. We hadn't even received the acceptance letter from them yet. Sometimes, depending on your state, the BCIS will look at your file prior to the homestudy, some won't even look at it before you're fingerprinted. In any case, if you're confident of your homestudy, I would do it now. Then its out of the way. Just my thoughts.
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>