1/29/2006
Chuc Mung Nam Moi!
Happy Lunar New Year (aka Tet)!! It's officially the year of the dog - the year my daughter will be born! We didn't do anything special today. I'm bummed that not only did my boys not celebrate Tet with their Dad and his family today but he didn't even show for his parenting time today (maybe next week, he says ::sigh::). One year they got their red envelopes - out of 11, only one year. I try to think maybe this is just some Americanized thing on their part. Thankfully my boys don't know enough to be disappointed.

Next weekend we have a big Tet party to go to, I'm so excited, mostly for the food! LOL So at least they'll have that. I decided, with the decision to adopt, that I'm no longer taking a backseat to these celebrations. I can do them up right, myself! I've never been to a Tet party so this year will be a learning experience for at least some of us. My boys have been to countless Vn parties but nothing this traditional.

I'm soooo excited about our home study meeting this week. I know this will be a good week. I'm finally 100% healthy, we got my dog a bark collar so our house is much quieter, there isn't a million things on the plate for the next week. And tomorrow my contract fee and I-600a go out (missed the mail on Sat). Can you believe DH's divorce decree STILL is not here?!?! So I'm calling them tomorrow, even though we don't need it anymore, just to throw a fit. It's the principal of the thing. I'm going to get my passport photos printed out and maybe I"ll apply for that tomorrow, too. Can't hurt!

It's going to be a quiet week, aside from the one appointment, I think. Hopefully I'll get my agency notebook this week but I won't hold my breath since I haven't even sent out the check yet. So, hopefully I can keep busy by painting. I'm on a painting streak! I painted the boys' room today and yesterday - it looks so cool. I am going to paint another room and the wall our fireplace is on in the livingroom this week too. I hope. Plus we have 10000 other projects to consume us. So we won't have trouble keeping busy.

posted by Stepping On Legos at 1/29/2006§


Comments: Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>