10/31/2006
Going to bed

Ok, I'm not doing well. I have a really sore throat, swollen glands, my ears
are still crackling and today they started hurting too (although it is
always a toss up if it is the glands radiating up). I took my new-normal
regiment of cold meds plus Advil but it didn't help a whole lot. So off to
bed I go for the night and hope that I feel a little human in the morning.
My stomach is also totally screwed up but I am opting to believe it is from
the drugs on a mostly empty stomach.

I slept though Trick or Treating for the most part. The kids had a blast - I
uploaded pictures. We missed our agency dinner too - it was a very last
minute deal and the kids were already out trick or treating and I was back
in the hotel snoozing and sick. I am disappointed.

We are mostly packed for tomorrow. We also ordered a very very fancy cake
for Dalton's birthday (price tag: $7) so that will be delivered tomorrow
night. I still have to wrap a few gifts for him but otherwise I think we are
set for a very very full day. I hope I can keep up and I don't wake up more
ill than I am now. I will probably start antibiotics tomorrow night if I am
still this sick but don't want to risk the side effects during an all-day
trip on a bumpy road. Haha.

Wish us luck!!!

posted by Stepping On Legos at 10/31/2006§


Comments:
Oh no I hope you feel better SOOOOON
 
I really hope that you get to feeling better very very quickly. I am so sorry that you are under the weather. I hope you get some rest before you meet Addison - in a VERY SHORT amount of time!!!!!
 
What an exciting journay so far! I hope you wake up feeling better tomorrow.
Shawnna
 
So sorry you're not feeling good - hope you wake up feeling better tomorrow for the big day to meet Addison! Can't believe the kids were able to go trick-or-treating there - that's great! Loved the pictures.
 
Today's your day to get Addison? So excited for you. Hope you're feeling better. Thanks for blogging so much so we can all absorb it!
 
I know you will feel better when you see Addison, no matter what those glands are doing to you! Hope you feel better. I can't wait to see pictures.
 
Nicki, this is SO exciting, you are on your way to Addison as we speak!! I'm sorry you're feeling crummy, that happened to me when we went to Cambodia.
Re: the water... I'd definitely use it for washing dishes/brushing teeth (I am here in HCMC and don't even know if the water is specially treated!) and probably stick to bottled water for drinking, but not panic if some gets in your mouth or whatever.
 
Ack, blogger didn't give me a chance to identify myself! I'm "anonymous" :-)
 
Nicki,
Praying you woke up feeling better! Hope your day meeting Addison is wonderful. Thanks for keeping us updated via your blog. It's the best!
 
I have tears in my eyes from the photos. I just LOVE the way she looks at you and Tony! The photos with the boys are priceless!! I can't wait to hear your description of everything.
 
I'm wiping away tears of joy Nicki. She is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
 
She is so beautiful and looks content in your arms Nicki! You all must be over the moon with happiness! I love the ones of Tony making her smile and the boys holding her.

Happy Birthday Dalton!

Shawnna
 
Sending hugs your way! Feel better soon!
 
Nicki,
Oh my gosh! I just saw her photos! Those eyes! She is beautiful. I'm all teared up looking at you guys and this precious family. I really hope you feel better. I'll be praying for you and your gang.

Melissa
Mia's Mommy
 
I hope you are feeling better. I love all the photos you posted, your kids are so cute.
 
I hope you feel better soon! Addison is so gorgeous! Congratulations. I'm sure you are on cloud 9!

Kellie
 
Yeah Nicki-
What a sweetheart!!!
Praying for great attachment and fun!
Jena
 
Nicki she is stunning! I love the pic of her looking up at your oldest. The birthday boy looks like he is having a great time too. You have a beautiful family. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>