10/28/2006
The Morning Of

Well I slept.At least until 5am or so. At which point I had the absolutely brilliant idea to wake up and watch The Omen. No, sadly, I am not kidding. It didn't seem odd in the moment. We rented it a few days ago and have to take it back on our way out of town and we fell asleep in the middle of watching it last night so I wanted to finish it up. Ok, so that movie is SCARY! I'm pretty much a baby when it comes to scary movies so I incorrectly assumed, after watching the Exorcist terror-free, that I had grown a backbone. No such luck. I'm horrified so I guess it had its desired effect.

So the movie is over and some of the kids are up and the husband is showering and I should be cleaning and doing all those little last minute things like make the bed (which I usually don't do - I'll admit - but it seems like a nice thing to come home to). My good friend Leslie suggested that I put up all my Christmas decorations today. Hahahha. She sure has great ideas! :-)  A sore throat I had raging yesterday seems mostly at bay. My mood is better than the last few days. Let's get this show on the road!

Our 4 year old, Noah, woke up this morning (at 4:55am - he inherited his Mom and oldest brother's propensity for waking VERY early in anticipation of special events) and when he found out that we had to get ready to go, he rolled up his sleeves (literally) and said "how can I help?". One great thing about all three of my boys is that they really pitch in when needed and generally have great intuition about what any given situation calls for. That said, I am so glad we are leaving reallllly early for the airport because being here any longer than noon might just make Noah implode. Patience is not his virtue. He already threw a fit *last night* when he heard we would not actually take off on the plane until after dinner time. That doesn't bode well!!

Well it is my turn for the shower. Not sure I'll get back on for my last minute au revoir blog so I better do it now. Au revoir, my friends. Thank you for all your continued support. None of you will ever fully appreciate how much it has meant to me. Carolyn, Chris, Stacey, Jenn, Holly, Shanna.....I hope I get to spend at least a little time with all of you in Hanoi! I feel oddly inspired to scream out "Vietnam in 0-6"...spring break flashbacks or something. haha. And Leslie - stop crying!!! :-)

posted by Stepping On Legos at 10/28/2006§


Comments:
Ohhh I'm so excited! I feel like Noah! If you forget to do anything call me and I'll do it. I want pics and video within minutes of Addison arriving in the hotel room! I can't wait!!
 
I hope you have a great time in Vietnam. Can't wait to see pictures of Addison.
 
Well wishes my friend! Go get your baby girl, momma!!
 
Whooo HOOOO!!!! Glad you're feeling better and READY to go get that sweet little girl of yours!!

Bon Voyage Nicki!!!!! Have a FABULOUS trip!!
 
Safe travels, and keep us updated, and snuggle that baby for me! :D
 
I'm so excited for you Nicki, very soon now you'll be holding Addison in your arms!

Chelle S
 
Oh I have tears in my eyes. I am so happy for you and your family. I can't wait to hear about your firsts with Addison and the new baby girl in your life. You have a wonderful time, soak it all in. I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your journey.

Hugs and just breath. :)
 
how exciting! have an awesome trip. Choose to enjoy all of it, even the not so fun parts of travel. You and your family will be in our prayers as you travel to your daughter. Congrats!
 
Have a great trip!!!! I just love how Noah is so ready to go. Adorable!
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>