10/25/2006
Sleepless in Detroit

So we are at 2 days and counting.

Apparently this is really happening.

We have tickets, visas, passports and hotel reservations. Wow.

Somewhere along the way the reality met up with my psyche. It happened at
approximately 3am, actually. I woke up thinking and was wide awake and could
not sleep at all. My psyche informed me that we could not find the saline
nose spray that I recently bought because that is where my mind was, of all
places, at 3am.

I forced myself to stay in bed and battle through the insomnia. I slept on
and off for a few hours and somewhere along the way dreamt that I was in the
cockpit of the airplane about to take off when the taxi-ing airplane had a
sudden change of plans and returned to taxi-ing instead of lift-off. My
dreams are just THAT exciting!

I am feeling pretty good at how prepared we are for the trip, itself. So I'm
moving on to bigger fish. Today I went Thanksgiving shopping but who knew
they didn't really have turkeys out yet!? Doesn't everyone shop for Turkey
Day in October? Haha. So I got what I could and will have to finish when we
get home. I also ordered all of my oldest son's birthday gifts so we can
celebrate just as soon as we get home. I have not yet tackled my hubby's
birthday on December 9 BUT I will say that I was singing - out loud -
Christmas carols today at the store. Scary stuff. And I asked hubby to bring
up our Christmas bins so I can dive right in when we get home but he would
not oblige. Scrooge. And also I decided to prepare almost all of our
adoption announcements - minus photos - now. Won't that be nice to have
behind me?

I'm pretty sure what I am supposed to be doing is cleaning but I don't nest
that way, unfortunately. So tomorrow it is sewing, haircuts for all the boys
in the house, laundry, bringing in our kayak for the winter, cleaning out
the van and the refrigerator of anything that might spoil while we are gone.
Isn't that exciting? Anyone wanna come clean my house?

posted by Stepping On Legos at 10/25/2006§


Comments:
Dear Nicki,

Can you believe that the time is finally here to meet your daughter?? I'm SO happy for you and your family. I really think you're going to love Vietnam. Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. I'm SO happy that your mom's path report came back negative.

Best wishes,
Stacy
 
2 days!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!

And I am in Tony's camp on this one....Christmas is in DECEMBER! LOL. Just wait. You can spend the decorating with Addy!!! :-) Just think of the cute pictures...(drool) :-)

Hooray for 2 days!
 
I am with YOU on the Christmas stuff. I already want mine out!! When I read your post I just couldn't get over the fact that you are going to have your daughter home by Thanksgiving. How cool! If I lived closer, I would be happy to help you clean your house.
 
Two days till you leave for Addy!!! YAY!! Can't wait to follow along with you. We were lucky enough to be home with our daughter last Thanksgiving (our flight got in at 9pm the night before..no cooking for us) and it really was a joyous celebration. Looking forward to seeing her in your arms.
 
Oh my goodness, it gets worse! I have the beginning stages of this...might have to got to the dr for a prescription sleep med!
I do some of my best Christmas decorating when everyone else in the house is sleeping. I always have mine up early! If I ever get the nursery done, might start on that.
Good luck on your travels and I hope to meet up with you over there. Send a note out to all of us so we know you are there and safe.
Jenn
 
You're almost there, that's SO exciting! Cleaning house is no fun, but it's all for a good cause :) I can't wait to follow your trip...take care and try to get a little sleep! :)
 
I'm so excited and happy for you! I hope you have a wonderful experience in Vietnam. Blessed be!
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>