10/24/2006
Cramming

Well I'm home for the day, frantically trying to check off things on my list.

No news on my Mom's path reports.

I went and made 12 meals at my favorite make-and-take place today. They are so great - they told me if I do not have time to come back in when we get home with Addison that they would make me my 12 meals and not charge me the extra fee for labor. I love them! This is such a huge relief. Meanwhile we are at least stocked up. We have 12 meals, split in half (so 24 smallish meals) and that will be a HUGE help while we recover from jetlag, I am sure. I highly suggest this to all traveling families!

Now I am busily preparing my blog with the new picture thing on the right and the temperature in Hanoi and a few other smallish things. I am pacing myself with assigned tasks to complete for the next 4 days. On my list for today:

  • Finish sewing baby carriers
  • Pack Addison’s suitcase
  • Pack carry-ons
  • Gather everything else possible for our suitcases
  • Prepare laptop (email contacts, flicker, bookmarks, etc)
  • Run a quick errand at the store up the street
  • Thank you notes
If I have time, I also need to call our airline to see if I will be allowed to bring on my knitting needles. They are on the approved list at the TSA website but I have heard otherwise so I want to double check.

Last night we had "down town" by renting the Exorcist. I've never seen it. It was totally lame. I was prepared to be horrified and totally freaked out. It wasn't the type of scary movie that really scares me, even if it was based on a true story. Tonight we watch The Omen. It is as "Halloween-ish" as I can get. I can't believe how depressing it has been this October to not decorate, not buy or make costumes, not get ready for Halloween. Last year was soooo fun this time of year. On the other hand, I will not miss freezing to death on Halloween night!! It'll be in the 80's in Hanoi that day! Anyway I plan to jump right into Christmas decorating as soon as I can stand on two feet when we get home!

FOUR MORE DAYS, PEOPLE, JUST FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!
posted by Stepping On Legos at 10/24/2006§


Comments:
YIKES 4 DAYS! I can honestly say I am glad it is you not me, I'm not ready! I can't tell you how excited I am for you! Please let us all know what "works" and doesn't blog-wise and so forth on your trip.
 
EGADS, only 4 more days - WOW!!! Sounds like you've got things well under control and are ready to go. I absolutely can't wait to hear about your trip. Just think, only a few more days and Addison will be in your arms!!!! I'm so excited for you!
 
Wow!! 4 days. That is just amazing. I have never heard of bake and take, but what a neat idea. Very smart to get stocked up for when you get home. You are so good.
 
I am so excited for you. FOUR DAYS!
I don't envy the last minute getting loose ends tied up, but soon you'll be sitting on that airplane heading for your baby girl. I can hardly wait to read all about on your blog.
 
Thanks for the link to the TSA website! It was very imformative!!! I hope we can meet up while in Hanoi. I will e-mail you with our itenerary.
 
Awwww, you are so prepared. You rock ! I know what you mean about a depressing October. Mike is my pumpkin carver and since he is leaving for China TOMORROW!!!! We opted to not do the decorations this year. I will take the kids trick or treating alone and my mom is going to come here to pass out candy for me. 4 days, only 4 days for you !! WOOHOO!!!
 
I totally intended to do the make 12-24 meals thing but we just don't have room in our freezer, especially since my parents and the kids are still here. But I think that is such a great idea.

I think I'm in denial that we are leaving in just a few days... won't believe it until we're on the plane! It's so cool we'll be in VN at the same time... I want to meet all of your family in person!!
 
WoW! 4 days. I will be here reading. I hope your traveling is totally uneventful and that you can bring your knitting gear.

Good luck packing!
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>