10/13/2006
Life In The Fast Lane!
So I can't sleep. I woke up at some insanely early hour. Not cool. I actually got up and started getting stuff done.
 
Then I headed out for an appointment I had with Santa Claus to put in my request for a Nintendo Wii. It is sick and wrong how excited I am about the Nintendo Wii. Remote control gaming and nunchucks? What could be more exciting?! Just one thing: Trauma Center: Second Opinion - if only McDreamy were the leading character.
 
Then I went to the Children's Place for some last minute clothes - hats and dress pants for my boys. Is it overkill to dress my kids up for the G&R? In matching outfits??
 
Then on to KB Toys for their B1G1 sale on Legos - D's birthday list is mostly Legos. Cha-ching. Lego Mecca. And bonus? I think I have bought all the new Legos between T's birthday last week and D's birthday in November which means a Lego-free Christmas!!!!! Unless, of course, those evil Lego marketeers introduce an All New Line between now and then. Ok, so it's inevitable.
 
Next up: Target for walkie talkies (are they still called that?) that we are bringing to Vietnam for easy communication when one of us goes and the other is stuck in the hotel room with napping children, for instance. Or in case one needs the other to call an ambulance after a night out eating beating snake heart. One of those types of scenarios anyway. I also bought a video games for the plane (for myself - is that immature?) and some more drugs for our trip. Here's a question: what ever happened to Jr. Tylenol?!?! Like the chewable kind. All they have are those gross MeltAways and my kids hate them. Motrin still makes a chewable - c'mon Tylenol, keep up!
 
JoAnn Fabrics was my next stop for the fabric I need to cut the border for my *now complete* 100 Good Wishes quilt top. Any minute now I'm going to go tackle cutting 110" of fabric into 12 and 18" strips. I should have bought the cutting table while I was there but I need to leave something for Santa to get me, right?
 
Then on over to Best Buy to pick up a Vonage USB key for our trip. Now you all can call me on my home phone line and it will ring like a local call all the way in Vietnam! How cool is that?
 
I hopped over to TGI Fridays for an appetizer lunch and then stopped in at my LYS (local yarn shop for all you non-knitters) where my goal was to pick up some Debbie Bliss cashmerino look-alike yarn but turned into an extremely extravagant purchase of the most beautiful hand-dyed incredibly soft wool for my first pair of socks - the plane project! Although I love fiber, I have never really loved fiber like I love this yarn. Anyone know if Vietnam Air allows knitting needles?
 
Then I came home, folded, sorted, purged, packed and organized my entire wardrobe and my youngest son's wardrobe. So I think our clothes are all packed except the hubby (minus those last minute things like underwear, socks and PJs). Man, what a job!
 
As a reward, hubby and I laid in bed for the rest of the day watching the Tiger's beat the Oakland A's. Woohoo! I don't even like baseball but it is fun to win since Detroit notoriously has the losingest baseball and football teams ever (this to balance out our very awesome hockey and basketball teams). Well we still have the losingest football team. Which is just fine because football is so.....footballish. And while we watch these sports my husband gets to listen to me go on and on about how great it would be to have a woman-run sportcasting station. Because really, sports are so so different through a woman's eyes - at least THIS woman. Like we could talk about the mean things the coaches do sometimes and how those guys chew too much gum and might choke. And also which are better - the old-style baseball pants or the new long "boot cut" baseball pants? Plus which baseball player is the hottest? And why doesn't Kenny Rogers call himself "Ken" instead? And the nickname "Pudge" is rude plus the nickname "the Big Unit" is not PG rated, I might add. So whose up for women's sportcasting?!?!
posted by Stepping On Legos at 10/13/2006§


Comments:
You're too funny. You sound like have accomplished sooooo much. I think my mind will be absolutely racing when it comes to travel. You sound really organized, with lots left to do. COngrats again. I love watching the ticker and knowing that very shortly you will be traveling. :)
 
Wow! You get to go again! You said you're getting walkie-talkes for in case you're stuck in the hotel with sleeping children... how many are going with you?
 
We are taking all three boys with us on the trip. Crazy, huh?
 
Nicki, you are amazing. Sounds like you got a lot done over the last few days! I'm glad that you and hubby got some time to relax together. Enjoy!
 
You're a big nerd! I prefer my gaming systems to be portable....I'm all about my Nintendo DS Lite. LOVE IT! Let me know how it is. ;-)
 
Holy cow Nicki, your ticker says 10 days!!!
I'm jealous... all our KB's went out of business, that B1G1 sale sounds really great.
I love your walkie talkie idea for VN... might have to steal that one... ;-)
 
Nicki, have I told you lately how jealous I am of your ability to do so much? Urghh...

Melissa
Mia's Mommy
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>