10/21/2006
Update

My blog titles are getting entirely generic. My creative juices are zapped.

I do have some updates:

Family: Mom is doing extraordinary. Still no pathology reports but she is hoping to go home today - 3 days before scheduled! That could change but so far so good. Also a shout-out to my Daddy who had a birthday yesterday! Apparently he is livin' it up on vacation somewhere in New Mexicon without a cell signal but I thought of him all day.

Travel: We got word that our G&R will be November 1. This is a remarkable date because it is the day I gave birth to my very first child 12 years ago, who will be there to meet and bring into our family the child who may be our very last child. Sniff. It makes me extra-teary to think about. Of course I'm already a little worried about how I will make our G&R day and my eldest son's birthday special, each in their own right, each year. Any opinions on that would be great. I'm such a worrier :-)

We have rooms booked at the Sedona. We are *over the moon* about the Sedona. It will be perfect for our family. I wish it was more centrally located but otherwise it will be great. We can greatly reduce our packing because we will have an in-room washer and dry and you all can look forward to me pestering you throughout the trip because we will also have broadband wireless. We will be staying in Hanoi for the entire trip which has it's upsides and downsides. I had hoped to visit HCMC where my boys' father was born but he has no family in the area anymore so it isn't a huge loss. It will save us tons of money and time to stay in Hanoi, too. So I'm happy. Also the fact that our G&R is one day later than anticipated means we will have a full day to recover from the flights and that is *perfect*. Ideal. So we are thrilled.

Shout Outs: Congrats to Mrs. Broccoli Guy for her TA announcement. No mother and child should have had to endure the wait they did for travel. I am so glad this is finally IT!!!!!!!! Also to Stacey who also received her TA! And to my good friend Carolyn who successfully completed her G&R a few days ago and is happily a Girlie-Mama now too. Is that not the cutest photo EVER?? And a BIG congrats to a few of you - you know who you are - who also have TA or unofficial TA but don't have blogs or aren't posting it yet but hope to be traveling in the next week or two as well. I'm so happy for you guys.

I have met so many great friends, online, through this long journey and the fact that so many of you are traveling RIGHT NOW is like icing on the cake for me. I really hope I will be able to meet all of your families while we are all in Vietnam together. So drop me an email, a comment, whatever so that I can hunt you down and we can hang out!!!!! You know where I'll be!!! :-)

And one last shout-out to the Tigers who play Game 1 in the World Series tonight! Who would have thought, a year ago, that I would be getting ready to go pick my daughter up from Vietnam the same week the Tigers play in the World Series???? Wow. Two such unlikely events - I am going to take it as a good luck sign, for sure.

posted by Stepping On Legos at 10/21/2006§


Comments:
Hey! That is so great about your mom. It is going to make travel for you so much less stressful knowing that she is recovering so well. Aren't you just dying for Carolyn to update again?? I know that I am. Also, I am so jealous that you are going to be in Vietnam with so many fun and wonderful people. Could you sneak down to Hoi An and love on my girl?!?!?! I don't think its too much to ask. HA!
 
Wonderful news about your mom.
I'm loving that Sedona hotel... I don't think that was listed as a choice in our guidebook, but I might have to tell them to add that to my list of options. (I gave them a long list because of the summit) - it looks really great for families.
I think that is so poetically sweet you adopt Addison on your son's birthday. We actually don't really celebrate Rachel's adoption day - I might mention it to her or give her a little gift or something, but it isn't a big deal like her birthday is.
 
Yah! So much good news. Knowing your mom is doing so well, well hopefully make it easier for you to leave. Everything is falling into place with the G&R, plane tickets and hotel. It will be so much easier to stay in one place when you have all the kids. You'll become an expert on Hanio. Don't forget to update us when you're in Vietnam. We'll anxiously await your reports.
 
That is so great that your Mom is doing so well! The Sedona looks fabulous - should be just perfect for your family. And you'll have an internet connection in your room - that's great - hopefully you'll be able to update your blog all the time for those of us who are living vicariously through your trip and hanging on your every word while we wait for our turn! :)
 
I'm happy to hear that your mom is doing so well. I'm still sending up prayers on her behalf. Everything looks like it's headed in the right direction and I will absolutely be following your trip via your blog. So very excited for you!!!
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>