10/19/2006
Surgery Success

I'm home from the hospital after spending the day waiting out my Mom's
surgery. It went extremely well. In fact she was in and out in just an hour.
It took longer to recover from the anesthetic than the surgery itself! So
that is great news. The surgeon seemed very pleased. So now we just wait for
pathology reports in the next few days. Until then, I'm off to keep her
company and clean her house in preparation for her return home next week. I
have yet to find an internet connection - wireless or otherwise - that works
within the hospital so my connection abilities are limited, at best. And I'm
too beat to do much online at night. But I know many of you were sending me
wishes and thoughts for my Mom and my family and I wanted to get on with a
quick update. I know we both appreciate it.

The hospital cafeteria is DELISH and they have the BEST baby store in the
area, oddly. So that's a bonus :-) And also? The surgeon is hot. And plus,
little bits and pieces of my faith in modern medicine is being restored, one
conversation at a time. More on this later, maybe. But it is definitely a
good thing!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming for a
clean pathology report!

posted by Stepping On Legos at 10/19/2006§


Comments:
Oh Nicki, I'm SO glad it went well! I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way for good results on the pathology report. Glad to hear good things about the medical system too - that is very reassuring. Hugs to you and your Mom, and keep us posted on her progress.
 
Nicki-
I was thinking/praying yesterday!
Blessings on recovery and time spent together.
Jena
 
I am so happy that the surgery went well. One big hurdle done. I know you feel better for now at least. Things will be a lot better once we get past the pathology reports.
 
That is great news! I am so happy at least this part is behind you. Now let's pray for a good pathology report and then go get Miss Addison!!!
 
Wow, only an hour....that's great!! I'm SO glad everything went so smoothly. I've been thinking/praying for your mom and you. Hopefully the path report will come back soon and you can again turn your focus to travel. Best wishes for an smooth recovery for your mom!!
 
Glad the surgery went well. I will pray for a good results on the pathology report as well. Thanks for the update :)
 
I am so glad that things went well for your mom!!!
 
Nicki,
I'm so glad that everything went well with the surgery. Hopefully her recovery goes just as well. I'm glad that a cutie doc and great baby store was in the mix; you needed a little lift! LOL
 
Great great news about your mom's surgery. Will keep praying for a clean pathology report and good recovery and all that. And for your sanity as you juggle caregiving with getting ready to travel!
 
I am glad to hear your moms surgery went well, and a hot Doctor makes everything better...
 
So glad that the surgery went well. What a relief for you! Hope she gets along great with the recovery and that the tests come back clean. Now, on to Miss Addy!
 
So glad all went well and I am hoping for a good path. report too! Keep us updated as you can. Do you know ywt when you will be in Hanoi as it is looking like we will be there by mid-month.
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>