6/13/2006
You got to know when to fold 'em
Since I seem to be on a run with these great music lyric titles, there you have it.

My ability to wait has come to its painful conclusion. This weekend I packed up the baby stuff, bagged it and sent it on it's way. We have not had a good time of it in Adoptionland, these past several days. After some bad news on Saturday - another one of those weird days I woke up knowing and waiting for the bad news to arrive - I started doing some thinking about distractions.

How many distractions do you have in your life? How many things do you participate in to distract you from life? What about email? Blogging? Watching TV? Going to the bar after work? I feel like my whole life is one big distraction and I'm deeply sad about that. Deeply. So sad that it took me four days to speak the words out loud. But there they are. I feel like an addict - but my addiction isn't drugs or alcohol (although, believe me, trading up about now is tempting!), it's distraction.

One by one, I've been removing these distractions from my life in an effort to focus on what is most important to me - my three beautiful boys and my husband. It hasn't gone swimmingly, I'll be honest. I'm sad, still. I'm going through distraction-withdrawal. I'm not improving in any of the areas I want to improve on. But it needs to be done. You got to know when to fold 'em. And my time has come.
posted by Stepping On Legos at 6/13/2006§


Comments:
I dont know what happened but you sound soo sad and I am sorry you are feeling that way. Sometimes distractions are good and sometimes they are bad but I hope you are hanging in there.

take care-Jenny
 
Okay, this explains why you just disappeared! I totally know what you mean... I was thinking the same thing recently, how I spend so much of my life with "distractions"... but it isn't an easy addiction to kick! Good for you to stop and enjoy your hubby and boys and walk away from the computer for a while. :-)
 
You're totally dropped out of our board, and now this. i am confused and sad (and maybe just a little panicked actually). What is happening?
 
Sending good positive thoughts in your direction...
Gretchen
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>