6/01/2006
Zen Again
See how I rhymed?! :-)

We went to the Asian Festival this weekend in Columbus. It was great. Hot, but great. We ate amazing food and talked to some really neat people. We also attended our agency picnic which we really enjoyed. In the process of all of this, we got some adoption news that temporarily threw me off kilter. It was good news and there is nothing like good news to sweep away that adoption zen!

It took me a day or two to come down from it but now that I'm firmly replanted in Everyday Life, I'm back to the blissful zen-ful place of waiting peacefully. Or rather, not waiting. The phone rings and I don't jump. Sometimes I scroll through the caller ID but that's it. I don't wake up and rush to my email. Well, maybe I do but it doesn't occur to me until later that I should have been expecting something. It feels really good. No anxiety, no stress, no expectations, no disappointments.

This morning, while laying in bed, I thought about how it is June, now. While technically not summer, June is a Summer month. One of three here in Michigan. And I thought about how this season will change my life. How I will become a Mom again and bring our daughter home likely before this season is over. I thought about how quickly seasons rush past and how shocked I consistently am when it is already summer or already autumn or already spring (yes, I intentionally skipped winter!!!). I know what to expect. I know summer will fly by. I know we will spend our time at the beach and out fishing and geocaching and the kids will drive me a little crazy and, in turn, I will knit a lot :-) It will be a normal season in so many ways. Except one big one.

For now, I embrace the normalcy, the predictability, the drone of the summer season and everyday life. It will all change soon enough.
posted by Stepping On Legos at 6/01/2006§


Comments:
What was the good adoption news??
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>