5/12/2006
I remember you, old friend!
It's the weekend - the time when a paperchasing parent falls dead in the water. I had forgotten about this old enemy friend. It hasn't been that long but it feels like months that we've had nothing really to do, no timelines to meet, just waiting for that darned 171H, the bane of our existence. Now that that is out of the way, we are in Rush Mode again and the weekend means being forced to stop.

Right now we are waiting on a few key documents we need so we can certify our dossier and get it off to our agency for authentication next week. Namely, we are waiting on DH's passport and DH's employment letter. Both have been sent but did not make it to our door by mail call today. Tomorrow maybe they'll come but so what? We can't do anything until Monday, those government slackers don't work on the weekends. :-P

But I'm embracing the pause. Half my kids have the chicken pox and need my full attention, it's Mother's Day weekend which means I owe my mom a little attention as well. And this forced pause comes at maybe a good time but it feels somehow important, beneficial. I like slowing down, living life while adopting instead of living adoption while life goes on around me. It's a good reminder. I missed you, old friend!
posted by Stepping On Legos at 5/12/2006§


Comments: Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>