6/05/2006
Jinxed
Well, I jinxed myself with my last blog entry. I'm not so zen these days at all. Doesn't it seem to always happen that way? I guess that's the rollercoaster part of the process, huh? I could do without it, to be honest.

Nothing big happened, we were expecting a referral within a certain time frame and that time frame came and went. Not only that but someone else from our agency received a referral during that time frame and THAT is how I came to realize we were not getting ours. It sucks to be so simultaneously happy for someone else and miserable for yourself. But I know it is coming. In June. Sometime. And with that knowledge I can get back on my zen wagon, I hope. My strategy: assuming today is NOT the day and moving forward. Assuming the day is at the END of the month, not the beginning. So far it is only working a little.

But I can tell I am starting to feel better, my pity party is ending. I have picked up my knitting again - a good sign. I'm back to thinking about packing lists and buying a car seat. We are discussing names again and have them narrowed down to two - Madeline and one other. Unfortunately for the title of this blog, the other name will likely be the chosen one :-) We are on a hunt for a great middle name. I want it to be one syllable and not end with a 'y' or 'ie'. Any suggestions?
posted by Stepping On Legos at 6/05/2006§


Comments:
Hi,
without knowing the "other" name you are considering...how about Rose.....Madeline Rose sounds good.
 
I really like it. It's very classic and pretty.
 
Jane. I'm all about Jane. :D Kate's nice too. hehee. I also like Hope.
 
Oh, I like Jane too. I'm not opposed to two syllable middle names. But the first name will definitely be 3 syllables (which is a lot for our family) and I thought I could temper it a bit by reducing the syllables of the first middle name! haha.
 
What about just keeping her VN name? Quynh is an orphanage name...rumor has it, all the girls from the DaNang RC will have that same name somewhere in their name. That's why we're keeping it...it'll be a connection between her and her friends. They'll be sisters that way.
Do it. ;-)
 
Actually Nicole if she arrives with that name, I will use it. I absolutely love it. And I really love it with our name choices.
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>