6/09/2006
You get knocked down, you get back up again
I'm feeling much better now even though I"m sure today is still not Some Day Soon. I want to say thank you to those who have followed my blog and written me personally or commented. People have NO idea how helpful it feels to have people sympathize and cry and share along with you during this process. It is *immensely* helpful. Thanks to you all, I know I am not alone, I know there are babies in our orphanage right this minute that are almost old enough for referral, I know that the wait is emotional and I'm not just being a baby :-) It feels great to feel justified :-)

So that said, I'm trying to keep busy. Don't get me wrong - I would be lying if I said that The Call isn't the first thing on my mind when I open my eyes and the last thing on my mind when I shut them. I would be lying if I didn't bring it up 1000 times a day and continually ask my husband when HE thinks we'll get The Call (Wednesday, he says. One day after Nicole's prediction of Tuesday - both far too many days away from TODAY).

I'm trying to lose weight and get in shape. The first is going swimmingly. I won't weigh myself so I have no idea how swimmingly. I know I lost inches on week one but more importantly I gained a new craving for healthy foods - particularly fruits and veggies. This is a first. The getting in shape part isn't working out. But I'll keep plugging ahead. I had desperately hoped to develop an exercise addiction.

So not wanting to eat away my sorrows I did what every reasonable girl would do and went shopping :-) Just for me and to help me endure my wait, Michigan opened it's first ever IKEA two days ago. Folks camped out for two days before that just to be one of the first ones in. Women cried. I'm serious. I'm not a fanatic or crazy so I waited until day 2 to go. :-) It was nice and peaceful and enjoyable. I spend under $200, thankyouverymuch. And got myself a new chair for the baby and I as well as a bunch of other organizational stuff, some VERY cool chopsticks the boys have been begging me for as well as some matching Vietnamese spoons. I tried to find something for baby but gave up and headed on over to Babies R Us for round two. I got two baby gates and found The Perfect Stroller. So now that I've conquered this major headache (I've been stroller searching for over a year!) I just need to decide on The Perfect Carseat and the major baby purchases will be decided on (if not purchased). Hurray.

So today, to punish me for my indiscretions, I have to build furniture all day. This will keep me busy. But it won't take my mind off baby. No sir.
posted by Stepping On Legos at 6/09/2006§


Comments:
That stroller totally rocks. Not sure I could convince B. it's worth the $$ now that R~ is almost 5 and Zeeb will be 3 though! It'll be perfect for your family. Hope next week is a better week for both of us!
 
How much was that stroller? Target had one like it for a while but I think it's been disco'ed cause I can't find it anymore. **weep**
 
Christina - yes, don't Fridays suck?! Sigh. Hopefully next week will be our sweet week and we can both celebrate!

Nicole - It's $150 at babies r us/TRU *only*. They also have a cool double stroller/wagon thing on display that I loved but (hopefully) baby A will be too tiny for it yet.
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>