6/16/2006
One Month
Not that I'm counting or anything (haha) but today is exactly one month since we were DTV, 5 weeks since we got our 171H and been referral-ready. At that time our agency quoted 30-90 days for a wait until referral. We are on day 37 of that wait and not expecting anything for at least another 2 weeks. Not, you know, that I'm counting or anything.

For those who I offended with my beer comments, please understand it isn't about the beer, it's about the neighbors :-) I am not crazy about beer, I don't get the appeal. I think it tastes like urine (or at least what I imagine urine would taste like). And this opinion, alone, makes us enough of an outcast for our neighbors to think we aren't cool enough for their club. It's the beer-chugging, tobacco-chewing, Hummer-driving, ignore-your-kids and gossip-about-the-neighbors club. We just aren't dues-paying members, it seems.

So today is a new day. It started off swimmingly when, at 7am (yes, A.M.) the jack-hammering began again. I swear this is illegal and if I wasn't such a slow waker, I would have called the cops to buy myself another hour of sleep. But I was groggy and off my game.

Ironically, the resident 4yo slept until 8:30. He's usually the 7am waker. Does jack-hammering qualify as white noise?

So I blew this popscicle stand, walked the 10 miles to our car (ok, more like 100 feet but whose keeping track? All I know is it isn't in my garage OR in my driveway and access to the front of my house is completely out of the question, thanks to jack-hammerers) and went to JoAnn's for their big Firefly sale. Bought some quilt fabric for one of the five Asian quilt swaps I insanely joined all at once. Then I bought some F-Day gifts and various other meaningless token items. I picked up my negs, now nicely transferred to CD for the low low price of $6.50. Now I have digital wedding photos to share - hurray! Stopped at the local quilt shop where they don't provide 50% off coupons and coughed up the dinero for the expensive bamboo-print fabric I need for another swap. 2 down, 5 to go.

Came home, went to beach with all six kids, regretted this instantly, headache and itchy eyes prevail.

Came home, went to dinner and more errands with my 3 sons and hubby. Semi-productive search for furniture for our front porch ends, to be continued at 7am tomorrow morning. Bought yet another swap fabric - 3 down, 2 to go. Bought a new beach chair with canopy so beach visits are more enjoyable for me, bought a new picnic bag which will remind me daily of all my flaws and limitations since it will never get used. But hey - it was 50% off! Who could pass up that deal?!! Stopped for ice cream no one needed but we all sure enjoyed. And now it's bedtime.

Thanks to anal-retentive kids who must know every detail of every minute of every day, tomorrow is all mapped out. Nacho Libre (which may or may not win us cool-neighbor points but as soon as the neighborhood gets wind that our 4 yo aspires to be Nacho Libre when he grows up, maybe we'll finally be cool enough!), more swimming at the beach, more F-day shopping, a trip to the nursery for some flowers and single parenthood for me while I lose my husband to his second wife his writing :-)

Hope everyone has a great Father's Day weekend! On the big day, hubby has already chosen to go bowling (brownie points in the cool neighbor club) and grill dogs. I volunteered to do the closest thing I do to cooking - make guacamole. Ha.
posted by Stepping On Legos at 6/16/2006§


Comments:
Nicki,

I so totally understand what you mean about the neighbors. And I agree about the beer thing. Can't stand it, won't kiss a guy who's been drinking it,uh uh no way.
Give me a nice stuck up martini anyday.

Tracy
 
I'll let the beer comment slide this one time Nicki, and will introduce you to amazing Japanese beer one day. Doesn't taste like piss at all.

Just reading about what you did yesterday makes me want to have a nap.

Erin
 
ooh, Firefly sale, I must get up there today, is it still going on? Oh yeah, it's Father's Day tomorrow. T. made her daddy a stuffed ant yesterday, it is really cute (and hilarious). The only thing we did yesterday was make Wee Wonderfuls Bunnies and play DDR Mario Mix til we were sweaty. Thanks for the info about your negatives. :-)
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>