11/02/2006
Update

I've been really sick. Thanks be, I felt better for a huge chunk of the day
yesterday to really enjoy it but the long day took its toll and I was a mess
by last night. You know if I don't blog it is because I am really sick. So
that's the deal. The idea of sitting down to jot down all my thoughts was so
overwhelming that I just couldn't do it. It was easier to upload pictures
and video, for sure.

Today I took the Big Drugs - more cold meds, advil, and started the
antibiotics. I sure hope the antib's work - and fast. I am done feeling
horrible. I want to get out of here and explore and soak in this wonderful
city!

I do have a LONG blog entry I have written and almost complete about the
G&R. I'm not sure if I'll post it because it is really boring to almost all
of you. Bottom line: we drove out, we got baby, she smiled, I sobbed, she
giggled at her Daddy, I sobbed, she slept in my arms, I sobbed. That was
yesterday.

She is extremely happy and mellow, almost to a fault. After having 3
high-strung little boys, it is quite the change of pace. You can actually
lay her down and she'll put herself to sleep - who knew? And last night she
slept from 8:30 pm until 7:30 this morning. That's some crazy sleep! She out
slept us all, in fact, and Noah was positively pissed that he could not see
her immediately upon waking and that he could not pick out her clothes right
away. Haha. She has yet to cry, she does not even fuss. We don't really know
when she's hungry so we randomly feed her and she eats. She could care less
what is in the bottle or the temperature or the nipple. She just goes with
the flow. She's a very engaged baby - she loves to just stare into our eyes,
very deeply. I lose myself in those eyes.

Today she is starting to blossom. She starting talking up a storm which is
so much fun - here's some video:

Thursday, November 2, 2006




And she does a little sad face when
she wakes up and sees me which might mean she is sad she isn't with her
familiar nannies or possibly she is hungry. She cheers up when she sees her
Ba (daddy) and then I feed her and she is happy for a few hours until she
falls asleep. She is getting very mobile very fast. She will roll and scoot
and turn all over the bed. She still needs to build a lot of neck and back
muscles, she is far from sitting but pretty close to crawling.

The brothers are over the moon. I expected as much from Noah and Teegan (who
is a baby magnet - everyone who sees him hands him their baby! Haha) but
Dalton has been a nice surprise. He is absolutely head over heels in love
with her. He is not at all a baby person. He was never in love like this
with his brothers. It is so touching to see and hear how absolutely he
adores her, how he needs to see her, check on her all the time while she's
sleeping. He is the best big brother ever. He is also the kid in our family
who was not interested in adopting. That is, until Vietnam opened up and
then he was all for it. So it is neat to see how much this has touched his
life. It is like he has become a parent himself. It is amazing.

There is no jealousy at all but the boys are absolutely obsessed with
Addison. That has been the only frustration so far, exacerbated by my head
cold which in general makes me want to be in a vacuum without sound. It
sounds weird to complain about my adoring children but there are times when
she just wants to play and does not need 10 different toys dangled by 6
separate hands all at once! Haha. Thankfully they are pretty good at going
off and playing when asked and this apartment is so huge that I can get some
quiet time with her (and for myself) when needed. But I both hope and resist
the idea that the novelty of her will wear off soon, if that makes sense.

I have another blog entry I am writing that details some of my feelings
about this country. I'll post that later.

Thank you all for the continual emails and comments. So many have made me
cry and feel so blessed. I love you all!

posted by Stepping On Legos at 11/02/2006§


Comments:
I am so sorry you are feeling crummy! Addision is absolutely beautiful and she is lucky to have such wonderful big brothers! I love the videos! Keep the news coming as you feel up to it! Sending many feel better/get well vibes your way!
 
She is so sweet! I adore the video! How wonderful your boys are so in love!
I hope the abx kick in and you are feeling better soon.
 
Ugh I wish you felt better! But man oh man Noodle...Addison is a picture of perfection! I am totally in love :-)

And it sounds like everything is going real smooth in the adjustment department. Laid back baby is the best! LOL.

YAY!
 
Isn't it so funny how in just a day you are starting to figure her cues and are the boys are simply in love with their sister! I love it! Her videos are so so sweet. What an angel.
Get rested up and all then get out and fulfill the need to shop. Keep us posted as you are able.
Jenn
 
I'm sorry you're feeling sick, but hoping that the medicine will kick in very soon. Aren't you glad you brought all those drugs???

Addison is ADORABLE! I am so excited for your family! It is so amazing to see her on video- it makes the wait seem a little easier knowing that will be our outcome. She's a beautiful baby girl!
 
Oh my Gosh Nicki she is so lovely! I love the mama voice. Feel better soon and thanks so much for sharing!
 
Oh my goodness Nicki she is SO beautiful and sweet and adorable!!!
and also I'm sorry you feel so sick... really really hope the antibiotics do their job, quick!
 
Hey! OMG is she not the most adorable little thing!!!!!!! Makes me want to adopt a little girl now. Bella keeps asking for a sister, but I don't think I could handle another pregnancy! I can't wait to meet her and I love watching these videos and hearing her. I hope you feel better soon, that has to suck!!!!!!!! When are you coming back?
 
Sorry you are feeling bad. Addison is so stinkin cute! I am so happy for you and know how blessed you feel. When we met our daughter for the first time it was the most amazing experience. Now feel better and enjoy yourself.
 
That is so amazing that she is such a happy baby. How much easier it makes this whole transition!! Don't you dare say that any of your long entries are boring, because there are a WHOLE LOT of us who want to read them. I am amazed by Addy. Oh yeah, and how precious to get her and Sarah in a few pictures together. That is so great.
 
Addison is SO beautiful and sweet! Thanks for sharing the videos. I have loved reading everything so far...keep it coming! I hope you are feel loads better very soon!!
 
I hope you're better soon! How great that the boys are so adoring of their baby sister. She's already a daddy's girl? :-)
 
It is a good thing I am home alone, as the vidoes of your little Addison have me crying. she is so perfect and beautiful and wonderful and (insert all good adjectives here! I am so very happy for you all!
 
Oh Nicki, I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad! I hope the antibiotics kick in fast and you feel better.

Addison is just SO adorable!! How wonderful that she is such an easy going baby. What a delight! She's a real sweetie!

I'm looking forward to reading the blog entries you're working on! Thanks for keeping us updated even though you feel like dookey ;)
 
I'm so sorry you're feeling so lousy. What a bummer - I sure hope the antibiotics kick in and get you better soon! I'm so glad Addison is doing so well and that her big brothers are so besotted with her - that is great! She is absolutely precious and I can't believe you've been able to do such a good job of updating photos & videos when you're feeling so bad. I can't wait to read the other entries you're working on when you're up to it. Never ever worry about boring anyone - post the long one about the G&R! There are many of out here who are hanging onto your every word and want to read every last detail!!! Get well soon and hug that precious baby lots and lots (if the boys give you a chance! :)
 
I am commenting again. I just cannot stop watching the videos. Could you please wake up?!?!? I know it is 4 in the morning there, but seriously, I need some more pictures and videos.
 
Oh she is just So Lovely. If I were there I'd be in her face too much too ;) My Skye never stopped, the novelty never wears off for her. She is still a "little mama" I may have to just GIVE her our new baby. I expect it will wear off for some of your kids, but maybe not all of them. I'm sorry you are sick. Does she eat slowly? lots? a little? Does she spit up much? Trew crawled before he sat up. Loch had hypotonia and gross motor delays in the first 8 months, email or call when you are settled at home and I'll tell you how we worked on that. For now LOTS of tummy time and LOTS of hip carrying.
 
weirdness the top half of the post was missing initially. Now I see, she eats and sleeps beautifully. Wonderful! Enjoy that (but don't count on its permanence I guess) anyway pics of you sobbing? please? Hope you feel better soon. I am sad. I just realized you'll probably stop the daily pics/vids once you get home. Don't stop them. Please.
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>