9/22/2006
Wasting Time
Today is the day we hope to get an update on travel. We have felt, lately, like the update won't be one filled with hope and promise. So I'm pretending today isn't going to be a day of immense disappointment and, instead, focusing on other things.

So I have a cold. Just the run of the mill cold but it kept me from exercising yesterday. Today I woke up with a really sore throat but otherwise that horrible weird head wooziness was gone so I exercised for 20 minutes. Which kicks my butt. I'm that out of shape. But I've never been one for rigorous aerobic exercise, even when I was stick-figure-girl. Anyway, I'm on week 3 of daily exercise and except maybe 3 days, I've hit the aerobic dance circuit every single day. I'm proud of me. But bored and ready to get some new DVDs to sweat away the pounds to. Specifically I want some toning DVDs and a good yoga DVD that doesn't give me a headache. I'd love to do 3 workouts a day - an aerobic 20 minutes, and then a yoga 20 minutes and a toning 20 minutes dividing throughout the day. That's my goal.

It's fall. Do you know what fall means? It means FALL TELEVISION!!!!!! We are ridiculous with our tv addictions and feel so....empty inside....all summer without our shows.

So it started with WEEDS. Someone in a comment asked what WEEDS is. Wow, you are missing OUT! Weeds is a show on Showtime which is a channel we don't actually get so we had to subscribe specifically for this show. It's about a upper class suburban housewife who is widowed at a young age with two children and no money and turns to drug dealing in order to make ends meet. It is hilarious and jaw-dropping every single week. Think Desparate Housewives but WAY better. Way.

Then Boston Legal came back on. We love Boston Legal. The season opener - HILARIOUS!

Then of course, last night was Grey's Anatomy. Ugh that show just kills me. It makes me cry every single week. It feels like some stupid torture I put myself through to watch that show because it makes me simultaneous happy and miserable! I've SO been Meredith before in life and can relate to her character in a ridiculous embarassing way. So I have been both dreading and eagerly anticipating last night's show. Let me say it did NOT let me down. And if Meredith chooses Fin I will be forever heartbroken.

Other shows I'm wasting time with: Desparate Housewives, Men in Trees (which is SO Northern Exposure remade), Six Degrees (which I didn't really like) and, of course, LOST which is going to be the last of the fall shows to premier I guess. I am also addicted to Big Love but that isn't supposed to debut it's next season until 2007. Blah. And we watch a scattering of random half-hour sitcoms like The Office, Lucky Louie (which is also over for the season), etc

You will notice a distinct lack of Reality TV on that there list. I just can't get into it anymore. I'm sort of curious about the new Survivor but not enough to tape it or tune in. I also DVR Wife Swap but almost never watch it. Unless there is a Detroit connection, I just dont stay tuned. And I hate to say it but I can't stand any of those dance/singing/ice skating reality tv shows. I really can't. My husband? Loves them. Heehee. Sorry, I had to out him.

So that's my sad existence and Why I Love Fall. Rock on, DVR!!!!!!!
posted by Stepping On Legos at 9/22/2006§


Comments:
I love your taste in TV! I was glued to Grey's Anatomy last night. I loved the flashbacks. I also wait for Mondays and the newest peek into Nancy's life!

I am praying that you get good news after today's meeting and that GT has lots of referrals (mine)!
 
I'm with you on the "reality tv" thing. :-) (Oh, except that my husband, tv snob, won't watch them either.)
 
I LOVED Grey's last night!! So good. Makes me cry every week as well. Unfortunately for my poor and embarassing self, I do love reality tv. I know it is terrible, but somehow it sucks me in. Not my best. My TIVO has been smoking this week it has been so busy!
 
Okay, I am dying for your update! You must post the minute you get it!!

Grey's is like a guilty pleasure for me. I know she'll pick McDreamy in the end but honestly Finn would be WAY better for her.
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>