9/18/2006
My Addy-Mai!
Today we got an update on my sweet baby girl. We got four new pictures and new measurements! I just absolutely love every single new piece of info we get. I have found that the wait to travel is surreal in that it is easy to get detached from the idea that somewhere in the world my daughter breaths, cries, messes her diapers, drinks her bottles, learns and grows. I can't even wrap my mind around this. Sometimes I even feel like it is all a dream and someone will call and tell me there has been a terrible mistake, back to the drawing board. So when I get these updates the emotion I feel most obviously is *shock*. Slapped back into reality, this baby girl of mine is a real, living, breathing precious ball of love a half world away. And with that reality check comes the unbearable pain of not being able to run to her right this minute. I want to just pick her up and gobble her sweet fat baby cheeks and kiss that tiny nose and those huge eyes and make her giggle and smile and offer her the warmth of arms and heart that this family has grown for so long. I want to change her diapers and feed her and show her all the love I can give and teach her about the world and soothe her and wake up at night with her. I want this baby NOW.

On to the update: She is growing! She looks like a...well...a 4 month old! She resembles my two boys so much. She has the same long thin feet and although she is not as fat as they were at her age, she is the orphanage equivalent of fat weighing in at 14.5 lbs! She looks really really good, to me. In one photo, it looks like she rolled off her picture-taking spot onto a nearby area where she was practicing hanging out on her belly. She is strong, developed. She just looks...good. I feel very confident that she is being taken care of and loved on.

I'm so ready to travel. Well not ready as in packed and shopped. But ready as in emotionally, I could jump on a plane today if I was given the ok. My kids are ready. We all just want this baby girl home! But we aren't going to get a call today, no matter how many times I call my agency to whine! They refuse to do things unethically - darn them! ha. I tease. Seriously I appreciate their strong ethical approach to adoptions, I don't mind the wait from that standpoint. But I will be hitting the 3 month mark very very shortly and I'm ready to get the show on the road. Hopefully by the end of this week, we will have confirmation that my ticker is close to accurate. Cross fingers!
posted by Stepping On Legos at 9/18/2006§


Comments:
Oh I love that snippet of a photo! I can just imagine how adorable she is. :-)
I am so with you - "ready" in the sense of let's go already I want to get on the plane now (!!) but not "ready" as in packed. Shoot, I could buy everything there if I had to, let's just get the travel call today! (sigh... if only...)
 
Nicki, how wonderful to get a tad more info...hopefully travel comes soon. Keep going on!
 
I love that you got updated information!! You deserve it and you deserve a travel date really soon. COME ON ADDY!!!!
 
SHe is so cute...when do you expect to travel?
 
Nicki, I can tell she's another gorgeous little Phu Tho girl! I'm so glad you got new pictures & updates. Surely travel has to be just around the corner. Hang in there..soon she'll be in your arms!
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>