9/10/2006
Rain Rain (Don't) Go Away!
Today is a day that can only be described as 'sleepy'. It doesn't help that I was up very late last night and then the sweetest little pumpkin in the world woke me up at 7am. Yes, 7am is early for me. You can at least pretend to have sympathy.

I thought for sure I'd need a nap today but I made it! I'm dog tired though. And then the rain started. And it rained and rained and rained. Any plans we had of going to the cider mill and munching on donuts and apple cider (I'm craving it HOT - yummm) went right out the window. So we had one of those lazy rainy Sunday afternoons.

That's not all bad. There is something to be said for staying in your PJs all day, doing nothing, going nowhere, no commitments to tie you down, no pressure to do anything. That's the kind of day we had. I made yummy cinnamon waffles for breakfast. Noah suggested that I plop some banana slices on top of them while they cook and I tried it. He didn't like the results but I did - DELISH! Then we sort of blew off lunch, munching off and on, and had the yummiest weird stuffed cannelloni for dinner. They were made with eggroll wrappers instead of actual cannelloni. And the stuffing was ricotta, diced ham and a huge slice of turkey! Isn't that the weirdest thing? But they were sooooo good!! And filling. We'll have plenty for lunch tomorrow and the next day which will make my pb&j haters happy! Now the baby is all tucked in, I'm getting ready to kiss the boys goodnight for an early night and head to bed with a hot cup of butterscotch milk and wait for Weeds.

It won't be long before I really feel down and miserable on these rainy home-bound days. But today it just feels like a welcome prelude to autumn - my favorite season of the year. So, today at least, bring on the rain.

A few of you emailed to ask what I ended up buying and whether I love it. I bought the Hoover Floormate with all the attachments. I have read mixed reviews but it was the last day of the sale. How do I love it? Well, it's still in my trunk. It's heavy and cumbersome and I have had a pretty full last few days. Ask me again in a week. :-)
posted by Stepping On Legos at 9/10/2006§


Comments:
Weeds - you too huh? I am totally addicted and none of my friends watch.
 
Sorry, I'm guess I'm out of it, but what are 'Weeds'? It sounds like you had the most perfect kind of perfect rainy Sunday!

Melissa
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>