8/28/2006
4 months!
Happy 4 month birthday, tiny baby Addison! I wonder how you spent your day. Are you smiling often, giggling easily? Are you rolling yet? Do you still use a pacifier? Have you stayed healthy? Have you grown much? Have you lost any more of your baby hair?

Although I've handled the wait to travel very well so far, today I found myself sort of sad and lonely in my heart for my baby girl. I miss her - which might seem strange since I've never "met" her but I do. Finally I realized that today is the day she turns 4 months old - she has spent 4 short months in this world, watching, observing. What lessons has she learned already about trust, safety, security? I hope, even given her circumstances at the orphanage, that someone takes the time out of their day every day to love her, to kiss her, to feed her in their arms and hold her when she cries and play peek-a-boo with her and elicit smiles.

Soon I will meet this baby girl, this person who I think I know from photos but whose personality - whose smile and voice and tiny baby smell - is still unknown to me. I hope I hold her in my arms before she turns six months old, before she has to spend any more time on this Earth wondering about love and security and trust. I want to teach her those things, sooner, not later. I miss my baby girl.
posted by Stepping On Legos at 8/28/2006§


Comments:
I REALLY hope that you get to meet little Addison very soon. Happy 4 month birthday to her!!
 
Addison, hurry home to your family!
Happy 4 month birthday!!!!!
 
What a bittersweet day for you. I know you'll be going to bring Addison home soon though and you will give her so much love these early months will quickly fade from her memory. (and she's so adorable I doubt any nanny there can resist picking her up and giving her a little lovin')
 
Happy four month to Addison! I hope the time flies from now until you get to hold her.
 
Hope things really pick up Nicki. And I pray you are holding her for her 6 month birthday!!
 
oh Nicki, this made me cry. *I* am having trouble waiting for her and she's not mine.
 
Nicki, I completely understand! I'm glad you're getting away for a few days, maybe it will make things just a tad easier. I hope.

Melissa
 
Oh wow, you brought tears to my eyes, the love you have for this little person already is so apparent. Here's hopeing your little Angel comes home soon!
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>