8/11/2006
The boy speaks out on cereal
N: "Do you know what cereal I'm totally crushing on?"
Me: "um, no, I guess I don't"
N: "Totally fruit loops, the really fruity ones"


So there you have it. If you, too, find yourself in dire need of a new *crush*, you should take yourself to the nearest grocer to pick up the fruitiest of fruit loops. If your kid is 4 and a boy and talks this way is it an indicator that they perhaps watch too much TV? Maybe? Maybe.

In other news, the boy is full of sick germs. It's a fun one. This one disguises itself as a UTI and increases urination 10 fold but with a funky constipating effect on the side on top of the sneezing, sniffling otherwise miserable-ness of a normal cold. You can tell it's been a long time since cold season. I find myself wondering what in the world to DO for a sick boy. I'm not a medicater, by nature. I do use some natural remedies (essential oils, homeopathics, rarely herbals). But I'm out of practice. Other than pushing fluids and avoiding dairy, it's taking me awhile to get back into the groove.

Regardless I'm doing the un-PC thing and dragging his sick self out of the house, tonight, and meeting my Mom, brother and his girlfriend for a belated Birthday dinner for Mom where he and my other two boys will be sure to charm and entertain while also infecting. Never met the girlfriend - I'm the last on earth, it seems. But I know all about her. Apparently she is Perfect. Which is great unless you happen to be on the receiving end of comments such as "She sure is HELPFUL when she comes to visit" - clear allusion being "Couldn't you be more like her?". Seriously I am eager to meet her but hope she doesn't mind a parting viral gift. :-)
posted by Stepping On Legos at 8/11/2006§


Comments:
What is with the colds in the summer time? We had one run through our family, but luckily it was much shorter-lived than our winter colds.
I think bringing your viral kids to meet the girlfriend will be a great test of how "perfect" she is! LOL.
 
"crushing"??? I think your kid's watching too much MTV! haha
 
Evidently your boy infected ME with this virus throgh reading your blog, because it sounds exactly like what I have/had. Darn it all! That is NOT the kind of virus I thought I was supposed to be worried about with the computer.
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>