8/25/2006
I've been tagged!
Nicole from Fo(u)rt Robinson tagged me with a challenge to write 5 weird things about myself. How can I come up with only five things?

Here goes:

  1. I am absolutely literally phobic in the true medical sense of the word to teeth. How, you might wonder, does one function in life with a phobia to teeth? Well, not easily, I might answer. :-) The thought of cleaning them makes me nauseous, the thought of going to the dentist sends me over the top (I have to have IV sedation for a cleaning) and wiggly teeth make me run from the room. I can't even stand to hear the word tooth. In fact writing this entry has made me nauseous. So if that's not weird.....

  2. I was born in Spain. I'm not Spanish, I'm a navy brat. That isn't so weird, I realize. What is more weird is that I held dual citizenship until I was 18 and for a few years I considered joining the Spanish Olympic Team as a gymnast. I figured they sucked just enough to possibly accept me!!

  3. I'm a control freak. I realize this has made it to many other Top 5 lists so I'll jazz mine up a little by admitting that I don't let my kids' friends - or their parents - pick up toys when they come to our house to play. When they try I will often bite my tongue but secretly cringe in agony and then dump it out and start over when they walk out the door. I absolutely can not stand it when things aren't in the right place.

  4. I love Christmas. I stole this one from Kelly (who, incidentally, has the coolest looking house I have ever seen in pictures in all of my life!!!). I know it isn't unusual to love Christmas but it *is* a bit weird to have a christmas tree in every room of your house. This is my goal. We buy a new (artificial) tree every year and eventually we'll have a tree in every room. We are currently up to four trees. I have pictures but Blogger is not cooperating.

  5. I couldn't think of a fifth thing so I had to ask my hubby and he said this is weird but I'm sure it is totally normal and anyone who isn't like this is the weird one :-) I am a planner. As in - I can not make a decision without planning out every potential contingency or outcome or consequence first. Sometimes it's a great trait, we often are ultra-prepared for whatever might come. Often it is just a burden and it zaps a lot of the joy out of life and some might say it at least appears very pessimistic. I call it realistic :-P




I'm tagging Kimmi, Dorin, Irish and Stef
posted by Stepping On Legos at 8/25/2006§


Comments:
That teeth phobia is a new one to me. But I absolutely hate going to the dentist, so I can relate to that. Haven't ever tried sedation though because I'm too much of a control freak! LOL.
 
LOL at #3... I put away toys at your house! But I was VERY careful, we sort things here too. Still- I bet you hated it. Thats funny.
 
4 trees!!! I am so jealous. I have already been begging to get a third for our bedroom. I want to see pictures. Thanks for saying my house is cool.
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>