8/15/2006
Ponder this with me:
How many life changes is it wise for one to attempt accomplishing at once before it is safe to assume that they will internally combust?

Hubby is playing around with a job change. There is nothing WRONG with his current job, but he was approached and I guess it planted a seed that has grown exponentially. This new job prospect would be a work-outside-the-home gig. He has worked at home for most of the last six years. It's a way of life (one that, if you all have noticed, I don't always love but am always grateful for). I don't know how I feel about that.

Also, the job would be in Houston. Texas. As in on the polar opposite side of the planet world country from where we currently are. Have I mentioned before that I've *only* ever lived *here*? It's true. My extended family is here. Our ex's live here. And also? I really hate it here. Particularily right here, where we are living right now. I hate my neighbors, I hate my neighborhood. I'm totally isolated here. My best friend? She lives in Houston.

So let's see - shall we move across the country, sell our house, buy a new house, take a new job, work outside the home and adopt all in the same season? How does that sound for a plan?

And that, my friends, is what happens when one gets an itch.
posted by Stepping On Legos at 8/15/2006§


Comments:
OH Yay! Texas is closer to me!!
 
WHOOOOO HOOO for Texas!!! It is miserably hot here though. I like the sounds of this for my own selfish reasons!
 
Sob, whine, bawl, cry... what will we do without you noodle?
 
Wow, I didn't know your best friend was from Texas. That'd be so great for you. A second wow to that much change at once. I'm sure you can handle it. Good luck!

Sarah
 
Sounds wild & crazy, but hey! Why not? :D

TX is marginally closer to me, too!
 
Good luck with the big decision! At least it is something exciting and maybe a great fresh place.

-Jenny
 
Just a thought - but, what happens with your homestudy, etc. if you move states? Do you need to complete your adoption before you officially move? This is the attorney in me, thinking out loud. Just something to keep in mind. Also, the court that has jurisdiction over the custody of your children and husband's children is the one where you are now living (presumably). It is probable that there is a clause in both divorce decrees stating that you will not remove the children from the state without permission of the other party. A move across the country is generally considered a "change of circumstances" pursuant to which the non-custodial parent can move to change custody. So, that might be a consideration for you, if either of your exes are big nasty jerks...

Okay, I feel like I am raining on your parade with all these, "but what about this and what about that". Sorry. If you can swing a move to Texas without throwing a monkey wrench into your adoption or custody of your kids, I say, go for it. Although it is hot is Texas. Very hot. And George Bush lives there....Scary....

G
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>