3/24/2006
Some new checks
These aren't on my list but they are checks, none the less. I find that the more at a stand-still we get, the more I find progress in miniscule things :-P

Yesterday Dh told me that we have had some checks cash. This is progress in my book! Yes, I'm seriously that desperate. The boys' passport check cashed. Someone tell me that means their passports have been approved! Do you think they'd still kick them back to me with problems after cashing our check? Today I'm optimistically believing they would not :-P Also today my certificate of birth abroad order check cashed (this is big since these can take FOREVER to order). And recently our check for our state certification for our marriage license cashed. I think everything is basically cashed except our INS check. That was only sent on the 17th but I expect it to cash next week sometime - I can't wait! After it cashes, we should get a receipt within a week or so and an appointment within a week of that. I hope.

Today we received our state certified marriage licenses. We may have to send two more if we need another dossier but now we know we did it right and the turn-over time (very very fast). I have to say, as ridiculous as it is, it felt so good to see those shiny silver seals. I am tempted to go state certify everything else we have so far just so i can see more seals. It is silly, I guess. But maybe I will. No harm, right? Well, I guess there might be SOME harm if things expired before we sent our dossiers. But damn, if we aren't DTV in six months, somebody will have to update my blog for me because I'll be in the loonie bin :-P
posted by Stepping On Legos at 3/24/2006§


Comments:
Cashed checks definitely count as progress! Cool way to find out what's going on behind the scenes with your stuff too. :-)
 
Wooo, hoo!!
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>