3/02/2006
Did you miss me?
Ok, I'm totally loving LJ! I can't help me, I'm sorry. I love being able to vent about annoying customers without fear of them finding out! LOL

But I've decided that I'll keep both blogs. I'm gonna Be Like Chel :-) If you want to read my in-depth, detailed, heartfelt stuff, you'll have to come to LJ. Otherwise, I'll post the bare basics here.

Update:

I got my police clearance (why isn't that on my cross off list?) and DH is getting his today. I forgot to get two copies, annoying. So I'll have to go back. If we end up adopting two, I'll need FOUR copies??? I really REALLY want to adopt two related babies. Why is this so unheard of in Vn?

I'm ordering more DS-1350s today, for myself. I'll need them if we need two dossiers. They are hard to get and take forever to come (not as long as the I-171H though!).

If DH can get it notarized today, we are also sending out our marriage license for state certification. The other things we can all certify here locally on a walk-in basis for $1 each! WOOT!

That's all! I need some reccs for Toddler Adoption books. I am going to start a lifebook this week (scrapbooking it myself).

Oh toddler adoption reminds me....my agency said that they are encouraging two infant adoptions instead of infant-toddler or sibling groups. It seems like an availability thing. I thought there would be TONS of toddlers available since the shut down. I would LOVE twins, that was our first preference, actually. Unrelated same-age babies would be similar, right? But is that just stupid? Never mind it would cost twice as much on the Vn end of things if they aren't related..... :-( Confused, as usual :-P
posted by Stepping On Legos at 3/02/2006§


Comments:
That's what my agency said to me... they we're seeing many toddlers available. I'm thinking, what the hell happened to the kids that were born during the 3 years that the country was closed??? Where are they???
 
opps. I meant they're NOT seeing many toddlers available.
 
WTF?!?!? This makes no sense! Is it because other countries were adopting during that time? Seriously I HOPE so. The idea of toddlers sitting in orphanges alone for all these years (I have a son who is the exact age of the shut down so I know how much these children have missed) and now they are available but no one wants them because they aren't babies - it makes me sick. I hope they have long since found happy homes.
 
I don't understand this lack-of-toddlers thing at all. A friend of mine worked in a VN orphanage over the summer and there were LOTS of kids age 2-5 waiting for adoptions to re-open. And I know Holt has lots of older kids too. It makes me wonder if maybe some orphanages are geared more to what they think adopters want... so they only take/keep babies????
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>