12/01/2006
Update
My Dad and stepMom have been here staying at our house for the last few days for a visit. It has been nice and the kids have had a great time, as usual. They are thankful for some massive doses of attention that have otherwise been missing for the last few weeks. They just loved Addison and spoiled her with gifts and attention.

The combination of Tony's kids returning home after their extended absence and our visitors meant that Addison's schedule has been totally topsy-turvy. Her naps are all crazy and her bedtimes are atrocious. Last night she went to sleep too early, woke up a half hour later screaming and then stayed up until 11 but still woke at 7am. This is just crazy. Not to mention she had 2 huge bottles in the night. Something's gotta give with her nutty schedule and hopefully it won't be my sanity. Really though the waking and schedule isn't so bad but her corresponding moods are what are so tough. she is just SO upset and SO tired and it is not fun for her at all.

Today is a new day. Tony is back at work, the kids are back at school, the guests have moved on and I am determined to help this baby get back to her natural schedule. She is dozing at her regular time right now so this is a good start.

Yesterday I took her for her follow-up appointment at the doc. She got a clean bill of health, so far. All her bazillion blood tests were already back and great. She still had to have the urine culture and stool culture but we don't expect any surprises at this point. Her TB test was also great and her vaccine titers were completely non-existent....proof that there were zero vaccines given to her at all. We don't vaccinate for philosophical reasons so now I have to decide how we will proceed with her based on the law, etc.

Also yesterday we got Addison's social security card and next week I am filing for her Michigan birth certificate. Hopefully within a few months all that paperwork will be done.

Meanwhile, I am busy looking at online home rentals in Houston and planning my next big move. I'm still pounding out the when, where and how so that's fun (not). I just want to get it over with, I wish life was as easy as making a decision and just doing it. Unfortunately there are a million tiny details to see to that make any plan like that torturously complicated and long. I keep thinking I wish I had some friends who lived real close who could help out with things like packing and emotional support but - haha- if I had that I probably would not feel so driven to move in the first place! The irony. So, anyway, I'm plugging along.
posted by Stepping On Legos at 12/01/2006§


Comments:
You are so good - social security card already! COME TO TEXAS!!!!!!!!!
 
Sigh...kids off their schedules...it's enough to drive a mama insane! I hope she gets back on it soon.
Sounds like you are busy busy. But I think you need to spend more time preparing your move :) TEXAS needs you!!!! :-)
Love you!
 
I'm only 30 minutes away.
 
First it's a year before you can move, now you're looking at rentals. You are toying with my emotions.
;-P I know it will be good for you to move but I don't want you to. LOL
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>