12/12/2006
Monty Python & Relactation
If that is not the two most oddly conjoined topics, I don't know what is! haha

I scored four press passes for Monty Python's Spamalot which is playing in Detroit tonight. Tony is taking our three biggest Holy Grail fans. We were originally offered two tickets which I turned down to the the impossibility of picking just one child to attend. Later we were offered the four necessary tickets and the kids are so excited. In fact, as it relates to age, the excitement level seems to increase as the age of the child decreases! Noah spent all day today running around singing "We are the knights of Camelot". To say he is a little into Monty Python is probably, sadly, an understatement. He frequently quotes the movie which I think makes him a really bad influence on other people's kids. Haha. I hope they aren't disappointed. You can look for the review in the morning at About Detroit.

In other news, this week marks Week 1 of Relactation 101. Monday morning I hauled out my dusty Pump-In-Style and set her up with all new tubing and shields and plugged her in and pumped. The results? Nothing. Zero. I have always had, let's say, an abundant supply. Overabundant, really. I'm shocked, dismayed, off-put. I pumped and tried to keep my chin up anyway. Today I pumped again and, again, nothing. So, it is clear I need to up my efforts in some way. I got on the line with a local lactation consultant who delivered me an Supplemental Nurser System. I have not had good experiences with these babies back in my LLL Leader days, let me say up front. So I was maybe suffering some PTSD going in. But it did not go well. I actually got a very pissed off Addison to nurse WHILE the tube with in her mouth by some miracle but she did not stay latched long enough to drink all - or even most - of the milk. And she was tired. Eventually she got latched on without the tube and fell asleep that way and I decided to leave well enough alone. The goal was to get her to nurse and stimulate milk, not to fill her up. So I am doing the one thing I never thought I'd a) need to do or b) be willing to do and turning to pharmaceuticals. Because I do not like being stressed out. And I do not like stressing out my baby. And I think what I need is a tiny boost, that's all. So I've placed my order and in 10 days or so I will be able to start my milk-producing meds which should have me in business in no time. Meanwhile, we will keep practicing comfort nursing and I've tortured myself by refilling the SNS where it waits, glaring at me, in the refrigerator for the next time I feel like stressing myself out.

So there we go: Monty Python and Relactation all in one post. I can not WAIT to see the search engine hits this entry gets!
posted by Stepping On Legos at 12/12/2006§


Comments:
Reglan? Is that you are going to take? SNS...sigh...Avery didn't mind it but then again it was that or starve and then eventually she said "nuh uh gimme the bottle". I admire you and give you tons of high fives for doing this. Addy is the luckiest little girl ever!!! And keep me posted because now you have me worried about pituitary problems. I guess I'm paranoid LOL. I am sure you will be overflowing soon! :-)
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>