7/09/2006
3 days later
I can't believe it has been 3 days since we got "the call". It's been a blur of happiness and activity! I am so blessed to have the world's best adoption friends and supportive community. I absolutely love my agency "family" and can't wait until we are all parents and can hopefully meet up in real life. I love my local friends and my family has been so supportive as well. We are so blessed. Thank you all for your thoughts and comments and congrats. I feel reborn, renewed, alive. So happy.

We shared the news with you all before we told our own kids. When we finally got Addison's picture, my hubby's kids were gone visiting their bioMom for the weekend. We wanted to wait to tell them all but after all the outpouring of messages and support, we decided to gather them together yesterday afternoon for ice cream and share the news and her pictures. My step-daughter, who has wanted a sister her whole life, is over the moon that she finally has a sister and that their birthdays will, forever more, be only 5 days apart! They were all happy, of course, but no one was happier than our 4 year old who has been asking for a baby sister for years. He just kept squealing and jumping and staring at her picture and squealing some more. He literally could not contain his joy. It was the absolute most precious thing ever. I would give anything for a video camera to capture that moment! A little later he became very serious and worried and asked multiple times if his baby sister would be safe and well cared for while she waited for us and shared that he is worried about her and really hopes she will be ok. For an already emotional mama, this about did me in. My poor hubby - now there are TWO worrywart in the house he has to contend with!

So we had a bunch of pictures printed up at costs yesterday and we are just in celebration mode. It feels amazing to wake up in the morning and know that my daughter is out there, where she is, what she looks like, what her name is, etc. I have also gotten a lot of great info from a few people about Phu Tho. THANK YOU!! It seems like she will be WELL taken care of in her little (tiny) orphanage and we feel very blessed for that.

I added a ticker to the top of this blog counting down the approximate time until we travel. We can't wait!
posted by Stepping On Legos at 7/09/2006§


Comments:
That is so great that all the kids are excited. I do wish you had videotaped your 4 year old - what a memory!
 
Nikki!! Congrats!! I'm so thrilled for you!!
 
Congratulations! I can feel the excitement coming from your house. Thanks for giving us waiters hope.

And I feel the same way about having my little girl like you talked about in your last post!
 
Congratulations, Nicki. I am so excited for you and your family and can't wait to 'meet' Addison!!!!
 
How truly exciting for you and your familiy. I, too, am considering switching countries from Guatemala to Vietnam. I cannpt believe how fast you were able to get a referral. How old is your little one? Anyway, again, HOW EXCITING :)
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>