6/26/2006
Mondays Suck
I was going to be witty, funny, jovial, but really Mondays just suck. No two ways about it. Some people love Mondays for the renewed hope, for the revitalization of routine and structure. I despise Mondays. I love weekends and Mondays have just never been kind to me.

We had a great weekend. Very busy, very full, extremely long and tiring. We didn't get to do all the fun stuff we wanted. We ran out of time. But man, we fit in a lot.

And then it was Monday.

Early on I had the "it won't be a great day" vibe which usually sets the pace for the day, whether I then try to change it or not. I did try to change it, as it turns out. I wanted to spend the day in bed curled up with a good back - The Waiting Child, as it happens. My hubby had agreed to go with me to the pool and coerced me with promises of Dairy Queen - the key to my heart! So I reluctantly left the safe comfort of my home and headed off for the pool. It was alright right up until the point where sweet hubby had some odd allergic reaction and couldn't see for the rest of the day as a result. That's Monday.

Today brings no adoption news. While we don't expect word of a referral until July we WERE expecting a call from our agency bright and early. Why would we be expecting such a thing? Well they assured us, in no uncertain terms, that they would make our situation a priority first thing Monday morning and we could call first thing to make sure of it. We called. They didn't answer. We tried all the other numbers we had. They didn't answer. We tried a half dozen times from 9am to 9pm. No return call, no answer, no nothing. And so we wait. Maybe we will be a priority tomorrow.

Yep, it's Monday.

Some people may say TGIF, I say TGIT - Thank Goodness It's Tuesday :-)

In slightly better news, I did finish The Waiting Child, after all, today. I highly recommend it. It is a terrific book. Of course this came at a price - it meant not planting my perennials, not taking apart our old trampoline and building our new one, not reorganizing the livingroom like my hubby slated for this evening. But it's Monday. These things will wait until tomorrow.
posted by Stepping On Legos at 6/26/2006§


Comments:
Maybe the office was closed due to flooding or no power or something simple and explainable. I hope so anyhow ! Here's to hoping you get that call bright and early today instead ! Miss you loads ! Erin
 
I was wondering what was going on with the adoption. I hope you hear something soon. You're in our thoughts!
Christa
 
Oh my goodness, I would have to agree you didn't have the best Monday ever. Hopefully the rest of the week will be a vast improvement. :-}
 
I think your blog was pretty witty afterall. That is so typical about adoption agencies. Funny!

I have the Waiting Child book too, but I haven't started it yet. Good to know that it is a good read. I have just been burned out on reading adoption themed books, so I am taking a break for a few weeks.

Perhaps you should read this blog to cheer you: http://vietnamlucy.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>