7/13/2006
She Shops
I had to go out and pick up a few "necessities" to complete my two remaining projects left on my to-do list this week. So I got a bigger cutting board for my quilt swap and a new scanner for my dad's father's day gift. But while I was out, I stopped at Old Navy and then ran over to Babies R Us and then flew by the mall where I zipped into the Children's Place, Osh Gosh, Gymboree and Carter's - all outlet stores. I actually didn't find nearly as much as I thought I would but I stocked up for Addy. I haven't bought ANYTHING since we got her referral so this was what I have been waiting for :-)

Of course at Old Navy, as I was checking out, I was alerted to the fact that tomorrow begins the semi-annual Old Navy bag sale. Figures. I signed up for an Old Navy card this spring specifically for this sale but then wasn't allowed to use it. Now I miss it by one day. My luck.

When I went into Michael's to buy my new cutting board I almost burst into tears when I saw ......are you sitting? HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS!!!!!!! A normal person might think "How ridiculous - it is July!! Halloween is a lifetime away!". Me? I think "We should have our daughter before I could even use these decorations! It is THAT CLOSE!!!!!!!!!". So don't burst my bubble, ok?! :-)

I was on a mission for a cute Americana outfit to rival Kelly's. Finally I found it at Carter's and bought some awesome Gymboree tights in case it is freezing in October in Michigan on our return journey. Now I just need to find a nice little red or navy cardigan/sweatshirt to wear over the top of it and she'll be ready for her return trip.

I bought way too many summer clothes so shifted gears and picked up a few fall/winter things next. There still isn't much available yet which blows my mind. Why is this? They have all the back to school supplies out, the halloween decorations, the fall candles. But no back to school fall clothing?! They are slacking.

We aren't doing a nursery. Little Addy will stay close to us for her first year and then will join her brother or sister in their bedroom next door. I have already painted and tattouaged the wall with a huge willow tree for Addison and today I found the perfect wall hangings that I am now DYING to buy. It would go perfectly with her greenish-yellow walls and willow tree.

So I shopped until I dropped and now I'm, of course, way too tired to do my projects! Maybe tomorrow.
posted by Stepping On Legos at 7/13/2006§


Comments:
I love those wall hangings! SO cute! Hooray for shopping for Addison... sounds like you got quite a bit done, I'm impressed! Oh and hey, my kids have been talking about halloween costumes for months already. ;-)
 
you need to post some pictures of your new buys!!!! :)
 
Hello, I've been lurking on your blog and am so happy for you. We just started our process of adoption, I think with the same agency you are with. We were at the zoo in Columbus.
I've never seen the wall art before, thank you for the link.
Was it hard, can you show us a pic of the finished product?
Thanks!
 
Awesome! I love a good shopping day. I'm so happy for you! You'll have to post A's homecoming outfit for us - I need to photograph Gert's and get it posted - suffice to say it's v. cute.
 
Post a Comment


Profile:
Name: Stepping On Legos
Stepping On Legos Stepping On Legos Home: TX, United States
About Me:

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called Addy-Mai. Make your own badge here.
Highlights:
Our Adoption Timeline
Our Referral!!!
The Sedona Hotel
Common Adoption Abbreviations
Packing Lists
Baby Shopping
Ethical Agency List

/body>